When it comes to producing your project, our job is to assure that it appears the best it can for you and for your end user/consumer. The Label Printers’ Art Department takes that responsibility very seriously. We invest in technology that allows us to start with a concept and move all the way through the required steps to get to a finished product.
Our team includes expert users of Adobe Creative Cloud as well as specialty systems from Esko and Hybrid. Our completely in-house platemaking and pre-press process allows tight control over all steps of the process and direct access for the press operators to the pre-press team in case of any questions. Pre-press, pressroom and quality assurance are in continuous communication as each job moves through the processes. Tight collaboration like that assures that you can rely on us to present and protect your image.
If you have in house designers or a design agency that you work with, the pre-press team is ready to work with them and can make them part of our seamless process. Through the years, we have partnered with some talented designers, so we may be able to make an introduction for you, if that is how you prefer to work.
In case you plan to develop designs to share with us, here are some basics to keep in mind.
File formats we can accept
- AI, PSD, TIFF
- JPG*, INDD, QXD, PDF
- *JPGs should be compressed as little as possible as it will affect quality. Please note that resaving a jpg as a tiff/eps does not improve quality.
Software you should not use
- Microsoft Word
- Publisher and similar business software.
Tips for best quality
- Provide all of the supporting files (Fonts, Images, and Logos, etc.)
- If fonts cannot be provided, present all text as outlines
- Images should be at least 300 dpi. Higher is better.
- Supply artwork to exact dimensions ordered
- Supply proper 1/16″ bleeds when applicable